June 01, 2006

New Meds

I won't have insurance for a while after we move, and I desperately need medication. Wellbutrin is over the top expensive; there is no way I could afford it. My doctor gave me a prescription for generic prozac, to take with the W until I run out of it. I will only take the W every other day to get off of it. The generic P is $11 a month. I can swing that.

The pharmacy only had 3. They will have more after 5 tomorrow! I sure hope we are still here by then.

Little Brandy had her 2 week checkup today. She weighs 8 pounds even. Later, it is sticky here again. Yuck!

7 comments:

Candace said...

Good morning!
Can your doc give you samples?
What's your move date, anyway?

Fred said...

Glad you were able to swing the cost of the meds. I went to fill a prescription for high cholesterol, and the cost was $100 a month, after insurance. Unbelieveable.

Rowan Dawn said...

Candace-
he was out of samples for W! WE should be moving sometime in the next 24 hours, I hope! He will be home by 5 tonight, sleep, then we will load up and go. That is as long as he doesn't have to deliver the tools he is bringing up to some rig!

Fred- lets just say that $100 is cheap in comparison! I'm talking $300 a month!

Oh great One said...

Rx prices are outrageous aren't they? I heard a trick once about having the doc write the prescription for twice your dose then you use a pill splitter to take half a pill a day. Never tried to get a doc to do it though.

Anonymous said...

Too bad I don't live down the street. I have a whole bottle of prozac generic Joshua quit taking. I find med prices to be so outrageous. I just hope I can get off some of mine in the next few years as we fear as we get older we won't be able to afford them.

Good luck on your move. That little girl is really coming along and sounds like she is growing fast. How are you doing?

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the baby is doing well :)

Maryrose said...

This may be way off the mark but could your doctor mail you some samples when they are available?

Ugh, I hate how much I pay for all my meds each month, it's a crying shame.

I hope all works out!