November 11, 2006

Vindication

I love my mother. Read about the spaghetti phenomenon. Ok, its not a phenomenon, but as a kid I thought it was a freaking nightmare. When I would go to my grandparent's house or my "real" dad's house for those rare visits, they would sometimes excitedly ask me if I wanted spaghetti for supper. "NO WAY!" was my usual, emphatic, response. Ma blogged about it for me, and I feel vindicated. Believe me, it was bad. It was 15 years bad!

Some of you might know that I am taking some time off from blogging. My heart isn't in it, I am tired, and was sick for almost 3 weeks. Things got nasty between me and C and I had it. We were both sick, and our "filters" were down, and we freaked out. So I stopped blogging.

I am happy not blogging so much. It is so time consuming. So I visit one or two people if I feel like it, no obligations. I post if I feel like it, when I feel like it, if I feel like it. Right now, I feel like it.

I am putting my energy into doing some projects around here- something different for me and new. And no, I am not going to blog about it. When I talk about stuff I am going to do before I do it, it usually backfires or doesn't happen. Sorry, these lips are sealed.

Night.

6 comments:

Granny said...

I'll keep watching for you. Meantime try to add getting some rest to your list of things to do.

Hugs

Ann said...

I refuse to eat any of the kind of food I was fed while I lived with my parents. And when I go visit them, I usually eat out. They are hopelessly clueless in the food department. Well, most departments.

Margaret said...

Take some time for yourself, it's okay! I'm sort of doing the same thing myself. I need too. Plus my brain is all fizzled and out of creative ideas.

Hehe, we had Spaghetti night at least 2ce a week also. Hamburger Helper was another repeater. I was Pasta'd to death. There was only one rule my Dad imposed. "No Spaghetti on Bowling Night".

Seems the sauce tended to give him the rumblies in the tumblies once too often. Bending over to bowl at 10 pins waved quite a stinker at his teammates.

Rowan Dawn said...

susie- its later!

granny- I am trying to rest up.

ann- I don't blame you a bit. Do they get mad because you eat somewhere else, lol? We have spaghetti sometimes, but I buy it out of a can or make it from a packet, and add my own seasonings. My ex step dad was pretty weird. My husband and I love Italian food, but we like Alfredo and minestrone. We never had those at home or at papa's.

Margaret- ooh fizzley brain syndrome- not good. I served hamberger helper a lot when the kids were little. We had a few hundred pounds of burger in a freezer at one time!

Ann said...

Do they get mad because you eat somewhere else
No, they expect it because we have friends to go see when we're there, plus, now this is what someone tells me, their city has the highest per capita restaurants in the country...higher than NYC even! But we do have to do the mandatory obligatory one-dinner-with-them when we visit. It is usually a disaster. But on the bright side, my dad likes LOST, so that's something.

Anonymous said...

I understand what you are going through. It has been a real chore for me to blog lately. It does eat up a lot of time and I wonder how other people do it and still have time for the "real"world? I feel like coming out of my cave that I have been hiding in lately and living. So I guess I can say that I am making changes also in life. Best wishes and many blessings to you.