August 13, 2006

Some movies and Ma

She's the Man was hilarious! I love Amanda; she is so funny! It wasn't your typical switching places movie and it was very clean. I honestly don't know why it was rated pg13. I recommend it! The girls soccer team was cut, and they wouldn't let her play on the boys team, so... Go rent it!

V for Vendetta
was good, too, despite the mask. I got used to it, very serious and witty, very powerful with some unexpected twists. And, I am not saying who, but one of the actors from the Matrix plays V. That might help you recognize his voice. Remember, remember the 5th of November... Watch this one.

Ultra Violet sucked! Trust me, total bomb. If you want to see a movie that makes no sense with a hot chick in it and lots of killing, then by all means have at it. Tessa and I just thought it was stupid.


Aeon flux... awesome! It isn't your typical sci-fi movie... it is very naturey... and awesome, didn't i already say that? Even if you didn't see the originals on MTV, you still gotta see it. It is a combinations of flow, action and romance... and the story line makes sense. And of course, Charlize Theron is hot.

Ok, that's enough for now.


And I think I have to clarify Ma's situation. She hurt herself at work a while ago, moved her from the group home up to the newspaper shop where the clients "work" and then, after her injury started to bother her again, she was fired. She is on lifting restrictions, which they knew, and after they switched her she was given a job that included lifting. Doh! Now that she is gone, they offered her job to another woman there, who is very overwieght and would not be able to do the lifting either. That woman was told, "I lost wieght when I did that job." How rude is that?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like V for Vendetta. I also heard that ultraviolet was terrible. My friend told me that nothing made sense in it.

Rowan Dawn said...

yes susie i am bored. no cable! they are filthy liars!

fc-beyond terrible- horrid, wretched!

JBlue said...

Well, since we agree about V for Vendetta (I still can't quite thinking about it, and, yeah, interesting that the graphic novel is from the 80's. I guess totalitarianism never changes?), I'm going to trust you implicitly and watch Aeon Flux.

Sorry about your Ma.