February 03, 2007

Prunella Vulgaris

I am trying to buy Selfheal (prunella vulgaris) plants or seeds, and they are terribly hard to find! I can find the supplements and oils made with it easily!

Selfheal/Allheal is an astringent, antiviral, anti microbial plant that treats cuts, scrapes, internal bleeding, herpes, high blood pressure, fevers, headaches, sore throats, you name it. It is a viral inhibitor, and is thought to block even HIV (a preventative measure.) Canada, Japan and California are researching its effects on HIV and AIDS. It can be taken orally or externally. The leaves can be eaten raw or cooked, or made into a cold water infusion and drank. (Don't mix with other blood thinners, ok?) The following links have much more info on this useful plant, and is where I got my information from. Don't just listen to me, do your own research and talk with your doctor before taking new supplements or weeds, k?

Herbal Extracts Plus
Plants For A Future
Boldweb
Vitamin Life

5 comments:

McBunni said...

Ooo...antivirals are always a plus!

Zanthera Degore said...

That is a nice plant to have a round.
http://www.richters.com/Web_store/web_store.cgi

My favorite place for rarer herbs and plants online.

JBlue said...

Interesting. I had never heard of it.

yellowdoggranny said...

I have never heard of it before and now you have sparked my interest..will have to google it and find out more...thanks..

Rowan Dawn said...

mcbunni-I agree

zan-thanks, I will look.

j-Now u have!

dozer- there is nothing that can be done for you. You're fucked! (he he he)

yellowdg- you're welcome!