September 20, 2006

It is here we express our voice

Jayne got me thinking about my old poetry. I am going to assume all of you were to lazy or uninterested to actually click on my poetry links, so I am going to post one here. I like this one, because it really expresses my internet position; it gives me voice, as well as many of you. I wrote it before I became a blogger, but way back then I just had a regular geocities webpage- who didn't?

Voices
It is here I express my voice.
It is here that I am.
Voices
Heard in the night
Shifting through the darkness
Can they find the light?
Will our words become?
Or are they destined not to be?
I speak
My words fall like rain
Pouring like my tears
Yet falling from my lips
It is here I express my voice.
It is here that I am.
You will never hear me.

-Dawn Dschaak
10/30/98

4 comments:

Margaret said...

I love it! Great imagery. -Margie

Anonymous said...

I liked that. I can't write poetry at all. Once I get my Flash Fiction site going, maybe you can post some of your poems.

Rowan Dawn said...

margie- thank you!

fred charles- thanks. i used to write as an outlet, i would be over run with words- sometimes they free flow and I can't remember them. i used to carry a small notebook for such stuff. I don't write as much now- when in college i wrote essays- i like essays, i must be sick- and other college crap, plus I am on antidepressents. not as much to be sad about I guess!

Candace said...

Dawn, I like this! And I don't usually care for poetry.