October 09, 2006

5 Random Facts About Myself

Jayne Darcy tagged me.


  1. I love to read. My parents tried grounding me from reading when I was in elementary school, because if they sent me to my room, I would crawl into my bunk (top, of course) and whip out a book. The cruelest punishment I ever received still gives me chills. They made me watch the evening news!
  2. I used to be grunge. In high school I had really thick, wavy, dirty blond hair. I shaved underneath so it wouldn't be so thick. I was the first in our school to wear a high ponytail with a buzz under it. I wore a flannel shirt as a skirt. Open it up, with the collar at your butt, bring the front around and button all the way down. If you can button the top, you are too skinny or you are using a very big shirt. Bring the arms to the front and tie then together. Wear with more flannel and high tops. Do not wear make up, and listen to music from the 90s, like Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Offspring, Soundgarden, Bjork, The Breeders, Concrete Blonde, Duran Duran (Come Undone), Aerosmith and Metalicca. Oh, and get pissed at everything; you are a teenager.
  3. I love the song Stuntin' Like My Daddy.
  4. I am embarrassed if people think we own this huge-ass house. We don't have lots of money, or good credit, and we could not afford to buy something like this. So I make sure everyone knows this house is part of C's wages. How pathetic is that? We once owned a 14 x 70 trailer that we purchased brand new, back when our credit was good. I am still proud of that place and sometimes I miss it. No way we could fit 4 kids in it though!
  5. I miss my dad. Sometimes I will just start to cry, especially when I am listening to the radio. He loved music and liked to cook. He played the drums, and could use every sewing machine at the mill that he managed. When I was little he would bring me to work with him and the girls would sew me doll clothes. I fell asleep on a heap of scrap fabric once. I loved going there, even if the nightgowns they made were the ugliest things on the planet(functional lingerie, not exotic!) It closed and he went to the factory in Glens Falls, but my grandpa retired and Dad was stuck working for an asshole, so he quit and went back to school. Dad was very sick and got a liver transplant in 95, before Austin was born, and died 8 years later. I didn't get to see him much as a kid and I regret it. I put him on a pedestal and he will always remain there.

I am tagging Ma (Gail), Cletus and Marlee. Please post your "5 Random Facts About Yourself" on your blog.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darn it you said on my blog! ::giggles and runs back::

Anonymous said...

Most metal guys like myself hated Grunge. I loved it. Soundgarden are still one of my favorite bands of all time.

Greco-Roman said...

I stopped listening to new music when rap was playing all over the radio. I like Pearl Jam, Nirvana and Aerosmith.

Gail said...

Ugh, you tagged me. I finally got online and did it on my blog.

Gail said...

Dawn I know you love your father. And I wouldn't want you to lose your memories of him. He was special to you. It's just to bad we couldn't of been a family. From my own experience, I know what it is like to be without a father.
mom