October 23, 2006

A little Update

Email I sent to Candace this morning. This way I don't have to type it all over again!
-------------------------------------
I didn't mean to disappear like that, but for some reason the pages quit loading, so I couldn't do anything for about an hour. Bruce was a total pain last night. I fell asleep for about 20 minutes and he came in and got me up- it was about 12:30am. He was whining and growling and I put him in the crib instead of his bed and shut his door. He finally went to sleep. Then bruce woke up again at 4:30am! I put him in bed with me but I finally came fully awake when he kept kicking me and groaning. He was inconsolable. So we went into the kitchen, he woke up Brandy anyway, and I laid the smack down. He might be 22 mos, but he doesn't need to be a brat.

I sat him in the baby's bouncy chair and cleaned the boogies out of his eyes and nose and made him take his medicine again. He will usually take medicine, but not when he is in a mood. This is where having Austin first comes in handy. I can hold a baby down and force the medicine in- Bruce is not so tough- not anything like Austin was. It was easy. I told him to quit and swatted his butt. Enough is enough! I even had to force him to drink water so he wouldn't get dehydrated! I hate being mean, but I told him that mommy knows what she is doing and how to take care of sick kids, and he needed to listen to me. (I wasn't really mean, just firm.) Underneath it all he is a child capable of reasoning, unlike Austin was. I had to get Brandy up since she was now screaming, and take care of them both. I set Bruce on the couch, turned on the tv and dvd, and let him watch his little einstein movie and went to bed.

I couldn't find his bottle, we only have one anymore, or I would have given it to him. I am going to buy ovaltine today and more bottles- one for Brandy too.

Tessa has an alarm clock and gets herself up. Austin doesn't have one yet and I didn't get up this morning. Tessa comes in and says goodby and leaves. Austin finally got up around 8:30 and so did I. He has a lowgrade temp AGAIN. I am keeping him home.

Alice called this morning because I asked her too so I would remember to take out the trash. I didn't do it last night when I remembered because it was too dark to see and we have a dirt driveway. A long dirt driveway. Its a good thing she called- I almost missed them.

I am tired and feeling congesty. Bruce is awake. *ugh*
--------------------------------------
It is now 10:30pm and they are all asleep. I am going to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm tired for you after reading that.

Rowan Dawn said...

gypsy- as long as you take the sleepiness form me, lol! last night wasn't much better, except that I was better able to handle the situation. we are all sick today, even tessa. maybe I need to find a healing spell for the flu!