October 05, 2006

TV!!!!!!!

We finally have television! The dish network installation guys got here in perfect condition yesterday after a trip from Houston, about 50 miles away! Apparently, Dawn gives good directions, ha ha. We live in the boonies, remember?

Now we have over 60 channels, plus local channels, for about $30 a month. Our cable wasn't that cheap back when we could get it. Installation and equipment was free, including a DVR! OM! A DVR of my very own? I am in love with it. And you can guess what the very first show I recorded with it last night.

LOST! How did you know? I waited till the older kids went to bed and viewed it! It is so easy to set up to record stuff. Throw out that old VCR I tell you.

I had to watch the first segment again! It totally threw me. I wasn't expecting that community at all to be on the island! Wow.

My 2 cents on relationships: Sarah is a bitch. A bitch who gives up. Who never tries. Who is afraid to put effort into her relationship. What Sarah did to Jack is not acceptable. You don't just give up on your first year of marriage, without ever saying anything to your husband, or hinting that something is wrong, or that you feel neglected. You don't just see someone else and spring it on your husband and tell him it's over, you are with someone else now, and expect him to just understand, or expect other people to think this is OK. This is not OK. You cannot do this and blame your husband; tell him it's his fault. You do not throw it in his face that he will always need someone to fix. The problem is you, Sarah. He didn't make you stray, you made you stray, and you are a BITCH.

"It's not who he is, it's who you're not." Then maybe you shouldn't have married him. Maybe you suffer from the nurse nightingale complex. Maybe you should think about why you married the man who saved you. Maybe you will always need to be saved.

I hate this about TV, that this type of thing is supposed to be acceptable, and it is not. People work through their problems, they don't run away from them. They talk to their spouse, they get counseling. They at least try.

Jack is not my favorite character. He is too holier than thou to the other survivors. Too alpha male for my tastes.

I like Sawyer. I like Sayid. I like Kate. I even liked Anna Lucia.

But Sawyer is my favorite. For a man who spent his life pretending (con artist) he is the most open and honest person on the island. He doesn't pretend to be anything other than what he is.

7 comments:

Candace said...

Jack's getting on my nerves, too. I don't think the whole story's been told about how/why his wife left him, tho. Sawyer's getting to be more likeable. At first I couldn't stand him.
I think this whole thing is some kind of zoo - remember one of the guards said "the bears" figured out how to get food outta the cage, and also, Juliette told Jack that the place they're in housed (at one time, maybe) sharks and dolphins?
And the zoo includes humans, because remember the sign for food in Sawyer's cage was a knife and fork.
But it was all a long time ago, back when the Dharma project was started - everything looks old.
You can tell that Juliette is going to help Jack because she hates Ben and Ben was gonna let her drown.
What a great episode!
And did you watch The Nine afterwards? WOW!

Margaret said...

I like Sayid for some odd reason. The character of course. As for Hubba Bubba... none do it for me. I still have to watch season II. (Have it downloaded here on computer) But never have the time to do it. 3 year olds do that to you sometimes I suppose.

Rowan Dawn said...

Margaret- i like sayid, too. he is nice and sweet and a very bad man; fiercely protective. a good character for a romance novel, uh huh! sawyer can't be turned, he will always be on the dark side, I think, and that is ok with me.

i just finished watching season 2, i rented them. I watch them when the kids are sleeping. Just take it one episode at a time! (in my case it was 4, since i rented them.) the new one started last night, so you may want to catch up!

jayne- too much, definitely. charlie is ok, too, but he's no sawyer or sayid. jack thinks he's the boss, that he is above everyone else. very very alpha male. micheal is way too intense, and his past in no excuse for his current behavior!

candace- i think the others are trying to get those three to face the things they are denying to themselves, to get over themselves. Jack didn't want to know who the guy was anymore, just about her happiness. I think Sawyer and Kate like each other but won't admit it. I think putting those two together is a test. Jack passed his.

Ann said...

Yay! Glad to hear you're a LOST fan! Sawyer's hot, but I also like him because he's sort of a loner with an attitude. Like me. I also like Sayid, and Charlie in sort of a younger brother kind of way. I like the way Charlie's dark side came out a bit last season.

Mmmm...fish bisquits!

Rowan Dawn said...

Ann- people take Charlie for granted, write him off as a worthless musician/drug addict, but he has been through a lot, and people keep dumping him. He does his share more than some people do, that's for sure. i did not expect him to be the one who attacked Sun last season at all, but I liked his dark side too.

Sawyer is hot, but most of it is his attitude, too. He and Kate really need to give it up!

yellowdoggranny said...

yup...sawyer is a hottie..all women like bad guys...jack is too good for his britches..but he's kind of out there with his wife in the flash backs...i like john....i like baldies...and there is a lot more to that story...
im pissed cause they didnt make it a 2-hour episode like they did at the beginning of last year..i could have used another hour of sayer sweating and giving those sweet looks to kate..

Granny said...

I had to read to the bottom of your post to figure out what show you were talking about.

Glad you have the t.v. Ours was out the whole week Ray was in hospital. I don't watch a lot but I missed the shows I'm used to.