October 02, 2006

After all these years...

... Big C wants me to contact his cousin Chessy. WTF? She asked Alice for pics of our kids, and C wants me to send her some. I haven't talked to her since our wedding- she did something stupid and pissed me off. Don't fuck with a girl's wedding- it will definitely put you on her list- for life.

I even deleted my account at classmates.com because she kept trying to contact me. (I also wouldn't pay so I couldn't actually find the friend I was really looking for.) She isn't a bad person, but she is high maintenance, and I already have one cancer to cater to (Big C).

If it hadn't been for Chessy, I would never have met and married her cousin Chantz. Her and I were friends for 4 years before I met him. They are two weeks apart- their moms were BF's who married brothers. Her parents divorced a long time ago. When we met, C didn't care much for her, she was a trouble maker, her life was messy, and then St John told his brother, ie the police, that I was in contact with her when her and her boyfriend ran away (she was 17 and he jumped bail). I was pregnant, and gave them the post cards she sent so I wouldn't go to jail. This led to her old man getting picked up, but not her; runaways are not top priority. He didn't get into any trouble for skipping bail, got resentenced in his favor, and they got married. But I was on his list for betraying them, and she wasn't allowed contact with me. We grew apart, she got divorced, thank god, and we haven't spoken or seen each other in 9 years.

And now I am going to write her a letter and send her pictures of her cousins. What can I say? She's family.

4 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

hmmmm...ya can pick your friends, ya can pick your nose, ya can pick your friends nose and wipe it on his saddle..but ya cant pick your kinfolk.
what that has to do with anything..i dont know..but kinfolk man they can screw with you big time..

Anonymous said...

no shit. i don't trust her one bit.

Margaret said...

Oh geez thanks. You've reminded me that I have tons of photos to get out to all of the Grandparents 'cept our printers color cartridge is out of ink. I'm still in debate mode on whether to take a disk of the photos to Walmart and have them print them for me - or buy the color cartridge and photo paper.

Why can't everyone be online and see 'em - print 'em and do it themselves?

Rowan Dawn said...

Margaret-
I just bought ink yesterday- its expensive. They wanted to sell me some that was$50 because it was a better deal. Screw that- just give the stuff for $36. I get a disc and photos when I develop film so that I can mail some to those who need it, and email it to those who can' print it off themselves.