March 09, 2006

Chantz is working today

Business still hasn't picked up yet. Not till the weather is nicer. So I have the house to myself. Yes!

He told me since the house is my job that I am the boss of the house. So I should tell him (nicely) to get off his ass and do something with that huge cooler in the entry way, etc. He said he might get mad at first, but later on he usually realizes that he shouldn't leave his "socks on the floor". Yes! I have the power! I just can't get pissy or he'll get pissy. He hates it when anyone talks with attitude. For those of you unaware, I am a stay at home mom. That is why I get to be the boss.

I still have a hard time keeping the house clean when he is home. It's just easier for me when he is not around. He needs something to do when he is waiting for a run. The kids act funny when he is home to. Used to be they were bossy and bullies when he was gone and now it is the opposite. I got them to listen and behave for me while he's working and now they are shitheads when he is home. Go figure. We had a busy weekend and didn't do yoga and story time. We were in a hotel for pete's sake! So the past 3 nights have been hell. One break from consistency and all hell breaks loose. I probably could have handled it better, but when they started fighting because they don't like to look at each other during story time I quit reading and told them they could do more yoga or go to bed. (But its not nine yet!!!) We started with yoga to help them get relaxed and not fidgit so much during story time but it didn't work. We started at 7:30 instead or 8- snack, teeth and jammies- to have more time to read. Although Tessa did wait until 7:50 to eat something. (Grrrr). It didn't work. I don't know what to do. I wanted to give up and never do it again. I didn't even want to be in the same room with my kids! Tessa went to bed crying and Austin was pissy (what's new there?). She kept talking thru yoga- being bossy. She has to be in control I swear! I say she can do a sun salutation on her own because mommy can't do all the moves anymore, so don't follow what I do. She says but but but I don't know what to do. So I say fine, I'll tell you as we go. Austin decides to jump in but he is being goofy and distracting me. Tessa blurts out downward facing dog? Tess! I give her freedom and she says she wants me to do it. I do it and she runs her mouth. I can't take it. It isn't just hell hour, they do this crap all day! I stand up to mountain pose and Austin is right in front of me making faces. I push him back (not hard, just out of my space) and say what are you doing? So Tess was crying and he was pissy and the whole thing was a flop. I told them tonight is the last try. They either behave or I am done. They can just go to bed at 8. Austin is grounded from his new game. He gets this way when he finds a new game he really loves. It is starcraft for the PC. Also no goofy cartoons at all. I usually let him watch one a day. He has to stick to dramatic, violent cartoons with a point like transformers and teen titans. Some Disney ones are alright, but no timon and pumba, ed, edd, and eddy or spongebob or jimmy neutron and fairly odd parents. He doesn't realize he can't act like that in real life. Most kids can't handle violence, but Austin understands that isn't real and doesn't go around pretend fighting (like his cousins who can no longer watch power rangers). He is a "stooge" and it drives us nuts.

He had a phonics homework sheet and he did awesome with me and got it done quickly. It didn't get done at school because his aide wouldn't help him sound out the words. She wanted him to do it himself. But he can't! He is a whole to part learner and doesn't get it. So I did it with him. I just make the first sound and then any diphthongs, etc. At school he reads and she writes for him. But she sucks! She wrote "that his a jurk" for "that he's a jerk" twice! on his paper. He said he didn't spell it, she did, and that if he doesn't like how she writes he can do it himself. I don't know if I believe him yet. I'll ask again in a few days and if he says she does do that then I will talk to them. How ridiculous. How is she supposed to teach him if she can't spell herself? F@*#tard!

I made up with Tessa last night and snuggled her as she went to sleep. Austin was still mad. This morning he was bitching because Tessa was moving her feet a little while she sat on the couch. That is the crap I am dealing with here! I am going to make Austin work at home, one page a day I think. The reading workbook I got for homeschooling is the same one Tessa used this year in school! So I know it is a good book to use. I really wish they went to the same school but Washington doesn't have a special ed room. They have the same principal, but it still isn't the same. Tessa's school is better. He will be a fifth grader next year and if we stay here he will go to middle school. He will have to be homeschooled this summer if he is to catch up. They have him doing subtraction when I had him multiplying single digits. The other forth graders are multiplying double digits! His reading work is babyish and well below what he is capable of. They don't want to push him because he can get volatile. He'll get over it! He is going to get bored, I know it! So I am going to get some of my own worksheets going and print them off then I am going to pick out work book pages for him to do. We will keep up the math, too. He will get mad, but I will give him goofy cartoons in return ("what's my motivation?" he'll ask!)

I'll still do reading nights, I was just upset. They need it. We are reading the Great Blueberry Barfoff by R.L. Stine. His Rotten School books are awesome! We now have books one thru three and book five. Seriously, your kids should read them! They are five bucks at Wal-mart. Other titles are: THE GREAT SMELLING BEE / THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE VERY SLIMY / LOSE, TEAM, LOSE! / SHAKE, RATTLE, AND HURL! and THE HEINIE PRIZE. I'd better get going. I have a lot to do and not much time to do it.

Later,

;D

3 comments:

Rowan Dawn said...

Its just that they used to behave and now they have stopped. maybe its spring fever or something. they are driving me bonkers. chantz needs to take them out to go ride that bike this weekend.

long? coming from you, the queen of long posts? geez! that is funny that he jabbed him. did he get in trouble for it? my lil brother could hit me till he left welts and I had to take it cuz I "was bigger". my step dad was just a fuck head. i really hate him when i look back at my childhood. nate beat on laura, too, who was younger and smaller than him and that was ok. ill trash him sometime and tell ya what a complete dick that guy was. and ma stayed with him for 15 years!!!

Oh great One said...

I doesn't take much to throw kids off their schedules. I always end up paying for it for days.

Granny said...

We've been going through some of that here as well. Sometimes I want to start screaming back.