March 21, 2006

I'm good ;D

We sold the car to Chantz's parents and have some extra cash. We bought a TV on clearance at kmart. It was for our room, but conveniently our big TV (25") is going out (there is something wrong with the color) and the new one (only 20") is going in the LR. It has awesome color, is flat not rounded and shows the crispest words! It is easier to play xbox games when you can read the screen. It doesn't show the time or what is on like the other one, but the color makes up for it.

And it was a steal. The clearance price was $145 and the shelf model was the only one left. It came tagless so a manager had to get the price for the cashier, and I said to him, "I know this is on clearance, but it is a shelf model..."

He said, "No problem, how does $130 sound?" Great! Ha! Am I good or what? Seriously, I couldn't loose anything by asking.

How good are you at talking sales people down?

4 comments:

Oh great One said...

I suck at talking sales people down. I just don't have it in me. I do have pretty good luck with people in other service industries though (motel managers, bankers etc....)

Anonymous said...

I'd rather just pay what they're asking. If it's too much, I just don't buy it. I did talk a hotel reservation taker down over the phone though, but two weeks earlier it was $10 cheaper, and that was even for a non-reservation. So I felt entitled with that one. ;-)

I also won't let people talk me down either.

I'm so from the Saturn 'no bicker' school.

Rowan Dawn said...

I don't usually talk people down either, but I didn't feel as comfortable buying a "floor model" as buying one in a brand new box, you know? So I figured, what have I got to loose? I won't dicker on regular priced stuff at all, and if its damaged I put it back. My grandmother used to inspect the "garments" before buying and she would get prices knocked down for the tiniest flaws! Then we would go home and grandpa would inspect the "garments" also, checking seams, etc. My paternal family was in the sewing industry, lol!

Ann, I can understand not letting people talk you down. many times people are just being cheap. If my mother bought something and it went on sale a weak later, she would take it back and ask for a refund. They always did it! She said it was because they knew she would return it and just buy it again at the sale price. Wow. Not me. I just grin and bare it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.