March 30, 2006

It's not raining outside. It's not snowing, either. It's slushing! yuck!

I have a cold. Again. Will the nightmare ever end? I see the doc tomorrow for a baby checkup, and every two weeks after that. Austin saw him today to get a wart removed.

Austin was very bbad last week and hit his paraeducator. something was bothering him all week and I could tell. I thought a kid was picking on him. He finally told me that his aide was bugging him becuase she is everywhere he is; he has no space. He freaked out. He didn't know how to complain to us about it tho he mentioned it to her. She told him she was doing her job. So then he hated the school. I told him it was my fault; I told them to make sure he wasn't on the playground alone, etc. I thought they went overboard, but took the blame so he would not hate the school. Turns out it was mostly in his head; he had blown things out of proportion and beleived what he imagined. I explained to him that she is in the lunch room because it is her lunch time too. She won't sit between you and sam unless you are rowdy. So don't sit next to Sam. she is at recess to help the recess lady watch all the kids and its her recess too. She doesn't walk with you to the bathroom. He said ok.

But...

We had to have a meeting with Officer Roe and the whole IEP team to determine what we should do if he does this again. He didn't just hit her, he made threats. Funny, this is the first we heard of it. WE TOLD THEM TO WRITE THAT STUFF IN THE NOTEBOOK. All we get is he had a good day or he had a bad day. No, we need to know every bad thing he did so we can punish him for it at home. Chantz and I gave advice on how to avoid this from happening again. We still needed a plan for his behavior. So they decided that he will not be suspended since that is a reward for him, instead he will have to stay longer. YES! Finally something that makes sense. Or get an inschool suspension (he doesn't go all day so the ISS would take place after his day ended.) For assualt, tho, ie if he hits a teacher or student, they will call Officer Roe and have him sited which means youth court. Officer Roe was against it actually, but since Austin doesn't respond like a normal child, we may have to treat him like a grown up. Roe was concerned that if he gets lots of citations now, and get in trouble in highschool, it could back lash. This is a trial basis. He also will stay later if he refuses to finish his work. This may sound severe, but chantz and I are behind it 99%. I have my reservations, because he is my baby. Chantz worries that when Austin goes to youth court and realizes its no big deal (community service) he won't feel its a threat anymore and not care, you know?

Must go now, life calls.

1 comment:

Granny said...

Yes, I know and I wish you luck.