April 14, 2006

Doctor Visit

My appointment with Dr. Long was yesterday. For some reason he was under the impression I wanted a Vbac (vaginal birth after c=section) and so I had to listen, again, about the horrors that happen when things go wrong. I GET IT, no Vbac. This was a "get to know you visit" since he will be performing the c-section. He won't only be checking the incision when he does the ultrasound, but also the maturity of the baby. He will then decide when to schedule the c-section. This guy is very thorough; I like him. My last OB just scheduled one 6 days earlier than my due date and that was it. He says the baby isn't big enough at this time to decide yet and we have scheduled the ultrasound for May 8 and are tentatively scheduling the c-section for the 15th. We will see.

This is a high risk pregnancy since this and the last are so close together and I had 2 previous c-sections. The ultra sound is for the safety of me and the baby, and is not about finding out if its a girl or boy, ok? It doesn't even matter to me, but if we do find out I will tell you.

4 comments:

JBlue said...

Do tell if you find out!

Lots of luck to you. After the birth of my first son (emergency C-section), the doctor started talking about how there was no reason I couldn't have a VBAC next time. The next time, I had a NEW doctor and a C-section.

Janice Seagraves said...

Hi

You poor thing an other c-section? Well it beats the hells out of laying there in labor for hours and hours in pain dosen't it?

I had 36 hours and saw things that weren't there because of the pain and the meds they insisted on giving me, and tried for-ever so long to push my baby out and just ended up swelling shut down there! So yeah I had a c-section. And they had my baby girl out in fifteen minutes with the c-section.

And yeah next time will be the same so I'm done! Your ever so brave to be doing this yet again.

Janice~

Rowan Dawn said...

susie- hehehehe! I am making a baby quilt that could go either way- sortof- it's a bit feminine. I still think it's a girl.

;P

Janice- my first one was emergency as well. my second child was a vbac and the third was csection because that's how wyoming is. MT isn't so bad, but these two are so close together. The last time the anesthesia didn't go so well and I was screaming as they tried to shove that needle in my back. The nurse had me positioned wrone. FINALLY the anasthesia guy fixed us. I am not letting them do anything this time until they know for sure the position is right!!!!!

Jublu-I am glad I had one vbac. I have the experience of "giving birth" to my daughter. Although I have been in labor three times!

Candace said...

Dawn, I'm so glad you've got a doctor who's thorough, and someone you trust. It sounds to me like you are in very good hands!