April 22, 2006

The results!

Thank you everyone for participating in the baby name vote! Here are the results:
  1. Lorelai- 6
  2. Ehlana- 1
  3. Rory-0
  4. Laura- 3
Clearly Lorelai is the winner. Jenny Bee took the time to even look the name up and give her opinion! So as a special treat, here is some information on our winner:
"It's German in origin and means Rock from Where to Look. I would say then that this means if you name her Lorelai, she will be someone that people can trust will give the best advice and point of view."
Isn't that cool? I never once thought to look it up myself. I am a bit disappointed however. While Rory got absolutely no votes, I did get a lot of "Isn't that a boys name?" Ok, first of all, there are dozens of names used for boys and girls; it is trendy and different, so there. Secondly, it shows me just how many of you are not watching Gilmore Girls!!! If you did, you would know that Lorelai Gilmore, while hopped up on wonderful hospital drugs, named her daughter Lorelai. They call her Rory. She is cute and smart and studious. She goes to Yale and it wasn't until college that is nice girl finally rebelled.

Lorelai on the other hand is so much more like me. She puts her mouth in it all the time, likes fluffy fru fru stuff, doesn't understand half the stuff Rory reads and is much less serious and prone to do goofy things. I may be overly serious at times, like here on my blog. But IRL I am a dirty, perverted goofball. But that stuff isn't appropriate for blogging.

While still undecided on a name, your opinion has helped me. If it is ok with Chantz, I would pick either Rory or Lorelai. But he thinks he gets a say! Yeah right. Tessa and Austin were TV names, Bruce Banner (actually named after my father who passed away) is the incredible hulk! So these work!

The second part of the game was to guess which name belonged to my sister and grandmother. Some of you got it and some didn't even try. The answer is Laura.

6 comments:

Rowan Dawn said...

whiner!

Anonymous said...

awwww Lorelai is such a pretty name!! When I was still pregnant with my baby boy and before we found out he was a "he", we were quite fond of the name Isabel.

Candace said...

I love the name Lorelai. If you wanted to shorten it, you could call her Lori, maybe, instead of Rory?

What about her middle name? Ehlena? Or will we get to vote on that, too?

Granny said...

Spelled differently but:

According to German legend, there was once a beautiful young maiden, named Lorelei, who threw herself headlong into the river in despair over a faithless lover. Upon her death she was transformed into a siren and could from that time on be heard singing on a rock along the Rhine River, near St. Goar. Her hypnotic music lured sailors to their death. The legend is based on an echoing rock with that name near Sankt Goarshausen, Germany.

Of course that might not be a bad thing.

Have a great weekend.

Jenn said...

Yay! Lorelai!

I wondered about the Gilmore Girls names hehe.

Rowan Dawn said...

kristinaq-
that is a pretty name, too!

candace-
too many loris in our family. NOT a good name to pass around. That and we don't "do" nicknames. We shorten Tessa to Tess once in a while and that's it. We're boring.

granny-
that is kind of depressing, but it is a german name. maybe it was common?

fcq-
i don't watch b movies. had a friend in HS who would ONLY watch b movies. HE MADE US WATCH THEM. yeah, can't give in to miss susie...
;p

emmasometimes-
Gilmore girls is my favorite show right now. my son hates it- he says they are sooo annoying. C makes fun of it, but I catch him watching the reruns. "There's nothing else on." Whatever!