February 15, 2006

I've got 15 minutes!

Because Mike's wife forgot her "lunch" (RN, night shift) so Chantz is taking a break from everquest. Only because I asked. Isn't he nice?

Alice (mil) watched the heathens last night while we went to the Rainbow Club in Wibaux for a valentine's day dinner. He used to work there and everyone knows him and they usually have really good food. Usually. We got a table, got waited on, then we waited. And waited, but so was everyone else. We ordered the 2 for $40 special: one appetizer (moz chz stix), two entrees (8oz lobster tail, 14oz blackened ribeye, med rare) and a desert. We got the stix and then continued to wait, my salad by now long gone. And then the table next to us (my yoga instructor, btw) who came in after us, with the same server- got their food. Huh, they ordered the same thing as us, hmmm... and what? thats not the right potato? "Excuse me, we ordered before them.." "Sorry, once the ticket is up it is out of my hands."

Um, so she should have gone and looked, right? So we wait and wait and wait and if he didn't know them we would have left. So Chantz asks the other server if she'll go see if she can find our ticket; maybe it disappeared. So she tells our server who goes into the kitchen. We wait. She comes out and tells us our order will be ready soon. And it was. How ironic, that it is ready after she searches for it. C-"She probably forgot to put our ticket up. It wouldn't be the first time she has ever done that." Me- "We got the appetizer..." C- "How many people do you think ordered chz stix? She probably just took one that came up." Me- "Oh." And since she blamed everyone under the sun but herself, including the owner, that is what I am going with. We were there for HOURS. Three or four tables that came in after us got there food before we did! She should have checked when I said something. Or maybe I could have been more assertive.

Oh, and our food? It came with the wrong potato. Imagine that.

4 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

oh man, thats whay we stayed home..haha

I just know that would of happen to me...and when i have to wait more than 20 minutes for food..I start getting all mouthy with the staff..and it is not a pretty site, not at all:)

Rowan Dawn said...

Wow, was I in a hurry. Chantz plyas with mike, on the phone, that is why he took a break, duh me!

congrats fcq! and I will ask. what should he say?

Just_C and Susie- we knew these people so we were trying to be nice, they were very very busy and overbooked. We were walkins and were lucky to get a table at all.


Susie- he must have played for 8 hours yesterday, but he hadn't played in two weeks. I don't know his daily average, but if they are going to play, that sounds about right. He came to bed very late. (not straight, off and on thru the day)

Rowan Dawn said...

FCQ- he declined. i think I will make him an everquest blog. he know a lot of helpful stuff.

Rowan Dawn said...

wow susie, get some reading glasses:

you say:"wow, 8 hours straight,..."

I already said:
"(not straight, off and on thru the day)"

doh!

;D