February 09, 2006

UPDATE

So Susie do very kindly informed me that it is time to update. Here are some of her questions:

"okay, it's time for you to update the darn blog. whats baby bruce up to? Hows Austin doing in school? Do his teachers like him?"


Bruce is doing great! He is toddling around the house like he owns the place. I bought a multi colored toy ball with bells inside at the dollar store and he loves to play ball with Tessa. He likes to throw it over the gate and make her go get it. She figured out to just go on the other side and toss it back and forth plays some tag game with him, too. It involves much screaming and giggling- from both of them. He had been a little crabby at times, but not as bad as before. He may be teething again. He is super well behaved. At the accountants yesterday he sat in a chair quietly sucking his thumb and rubbing his ear. So I gave him a Dum Dum sucker, which he sat there quietly eating. The tax guy was impressed. For dinner the other day, I put into a sectioned plate baked beans, corn, mashed potatoes and finely chopped pork. He ate the beans and corn by hand, played and ate the potatoes, but tossed the meat into a pile away from him- not scattered or on the floor, just in a pile over there. He didn't like it. How cute is that? He throws his garbage away, as well as toys and other objects he thinks should go in the trash, lol. He will shut the frig if I ask him to, and it makes hi giggle. He has a new game to play with rocksy, which she actually plays back... touch her tail, watch her spin around, do it again and giggle. Did I mention he likes to giggle?

Austin ran out of Zoloft this weekend and there was no refill so he was out until Monday, but I didn't remember to get it until yesterday. He has been cranky, but it is my fault. He thought last night that Bruce doesn't like him because he plays with Tessa but not him. I told him Tess made up games for him to play, and she spends more time with him while Austin is always in his room. He told me to make him play with Bruce! Then he calls me into his room, which he said was messy but was spotless when I went in there (?) and said he's ignoring me! Well Bruce was playing with his toy and Austin was calling him. He needs to go to Bruce, not the other way around! They got it figured out and will stick them together more often. Poor Austin's social skills are so bad he doesn't even know how to play with a baby. Not his fault though, it is the PDD. He is doing great in school; he goes for three hours starting today, instead of two. He works in the resource/special ed room (the two are connected) with an aide. I think he is the only special ed student, which is nice. T-F for 15 minutes his friends come down from the classroom and hang out with them. He went to k and first here so he knows students from before. On Monday he went to the classroom for science and lab, watched a film and got an A+ on his paper. Isn't that awesome? He is slowly being integrated into the mainstream classroom. They are doing excellent with him, an I think it is because of the thorough diagnoses he got in Bismarck.

Tessa is sleeping better and not so crabby in the mornings. She finally get addition and is excelling in her timed worksheets. She is onto subtaction and is frustrated, but she will get it. Ther are "regrouping" numbers, and boy do i feel stupid. I told her to ask Mrs. R what that was and so she came home and said I should know it as trading. ? Still lost. So I asked Mrs Crissafulli, Austin's Special Ed teacher, and she said it was borrowing and carrying over. I am such a dumbass. Why couldn't they jsut say that? So now I can help her. But she got confused on a problem and added rather than subtracted. I said tessa, you are borrowing, not carrying over. This makes sense to me, but regrouping means the same for both! Grrr.

I have to go now, I have a busy day and have to go to Fairview and Sidney (60mi one way).
Later,

;D

8 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

suzie can be so darn bossy cant she..heehee

wow your little one takes zoloft?..I have a nephew I think needs that stuff, he is awful, course it is mostly the mothering he gets, or does not get I should say..*rolls eyes*

have safe travels today:)

Rowan Dawn said...

my son who takes zoloft is ten. he has PDD NOS (think autism).. she's very bossy, but thats ok!

Rowan Dawn said...

I would like austin mainstream and have to push for it; the schools in ND and WY wanted him in an ED room- "emotionally disturbed"

PDD NOS- Pervasive Developmental Disorder, Not Otherwise Specified.

I think its a girl but I can be wrong. I don't care either way, really. I am having another ultrasound cuz of the csection, sometime. I will post as soon as I know.

Rowan Dawn said...

I answered susie in an email. FCQ- it is terrible. teething tablets work great, too. A pharmacist recommended an homeopathic medicine for my baby. Amazing!

Fred said...

Nice update. You definitely have your hands full.

Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://jegdckak.com/ucwp/gmyg.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://fxaiegna.com/gyum/rlvs.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://jegdckak.com/ucwp/gmyg.html | http://oklhpdwq.com/dnzb/jueo.html