February 13, 2006

"Wha? Huh? Oh Lord, am I dumb!"

My MIL has the car and put the new door on it so it is drivable (yes, she is the perfect woman, I know. I concede this.) Chantz just needs to wire it in and put the inner panel on. He brought a carcharger from the shop and got my truck running! Yay! I wouldn't dream of driving his truck, it is massive.

Freedom at last! I even went to WIC and the grocery store alone today! It was heavenly... and the bath, oh the hot bath I had... splendor.

Guess who is sleeping again? But I can't blame him. He has spent much time on the road or in a hotel the last few weeks. He is wiped out.

And Katy, I haven't heard from you in a while. I feared you walked off the side of the earth (it is flat, you know!) And while I do love milk, it was for the baby. He eats food and drinks juice, but if he doesn't get his bottles of milk he gets pretty ornery (pronounced "onree", here in MT). I did drink some orange juice the other day, actually. I get all this juice from WIC and after a while apple and grape get boring. Know what Chantz brought up from Texas? Strawberries! Juicy, cold strawberries and I have been chowing on them so much I will probably awake in the morning to find I have turned bright red! He brought bags of oranges, too.

And oddly enough, my teeth don't hurt one bit (from the fruit, people- keep up). And Alice (the MIL) isn't just perfect for putting a car door on, or cleaning and vacuuming my car, or knowing everything else she knows, but mostly because of one little thing she said to me. 5 little words. I have many errands and Bruce goes with me, he is very heavy, I have a bad back, I carry him all over the place... do you see where I am going with this? So after one day of great pain, my mil asked me the simplest question that I am sure will alter my life forever, or at least until I pop this thing (the new baby) out of me. She said something so profound that I will never, at least for a while, complain about her use of our back door rather than the front door. So, do you know what she said to me? Huh? Do you?

She said, "Don't you have a stroller?"

6 comments:

Oh great One said...

Strollers ROCK! Hee hee hee!

Rowan Dawn said...

No, she doesn't have the time! Exploive diarrhea, hmmm. would that help with constipation?

Happy Valentines day!

Granny said...

So do you now have a stroller? As a mother-in-law myself, it would have been my first question. Or I would have just shown up with a stroller and probably annoyed them.

Sometimes a MIL just can't win. I'm glad you're bragging about yours. Actually my local dil and I get along well. She's a sweetie, pregnant (she and my son both have teenagers so this was something of a surprise).

Happy Valentine's Day.

Hi Suze.

Rowan Dawn said...

Granny,

I have a stroller. I just feel very dumb because I didn't think to use it! It is light weight and fits in the trunk and solves many problems.

BTW, alice can drive me NUTS once in a while, but not like she used to. We didn't always get along...

She is just perfect and I am admitting it.

Candace said...

I was thinking you didn't HAVE a stroller, but after reading the comments, it turns out you DO, you just forgot to USE it. You silly!

Rowan Dawn said...

Yeah candace, I am retarded!