February 20, 2006

*sigh*

When I don't have anything to say, is that when I actually have the most? The house is gross. I got behind last week when Chantz was home because I felt sick and let him cook supper. He cleaned up the first meal, but not the second because he had to leave. When I cook I fill the sink and wash dishes as I go. He didn't. I couldn't look at that mess with out feeling overwhelmed. Its cleaned up, but I am not caught up yet. I have dishes from last night on the counter and I want to cry. I'll do it, I won't leave that mess for him to see when he comes home tonight. I'll have to do the whole kitchen. Tessa made a mess in her room again and it'll take a week just to get her to clean it. Chantz "dumped" austin's closet- into a room that had been very clean. So now I have to get him to do that, too!

Let's see, I have laundry, the kitchen, the floors, the bathroom and my room to clean. I'll do the laundry and kitchen today and save the rest for tomorrow. This way I won't feel bad if I can't get those other things done, and will feel good if I stretch and get some of the tomorrow's done today. Tessa gets a very much needed hair cut today at 4! Finally! I found a picture of her with her best cut for her type of hair and I am taking it with. I also need to call and find out what the payoff on our pickup is so we can get that paid for. That is what we want to do with our refund this year: pay off our credit cards, the bed, the washer/dryer, the truck, my fine and past due bills. I also plan on purchasing a toddler bed and mattress for Bruce. It is a toss up between a wooden one and a cute blue Winnie the Pooh bed. There is a big baby sale at Kmart this week and I might have to get whatever is left.

I will probably have to put it on layaway, because our tax guy had a bad sinus infection last week and was not able to get our taxes in right away. Its a good thing I stopped by to check on it because he moved it to the top of the pile and he apologized profusely. So now we are not sure if it is going to come this Friday or next. This sucks because I told the people we owe money to that we were getting it on Friday. They did however expect me to mail the money in, so that gives me a week anyway. I will just pay by phone, I guess. I was hoping to get this over with. I hate owing people money. When we were first married we owed money on nothing and lived quite comfortably on minimum wage. Of course the kids are more expensive now and our gas bill is atrocious, but he makes a tad more than minimum wage, lol! (Bruce that just took off his clean diaper and tossed it on the desk, "ka ka ka.")

So if I get my cleaning done and get a shower in when and if babyboy naps, I can go to Kmart and check out that baby sale. Oh did I mention that I got the basement shower done? WE are going to test it now! Later!

13 comments:

Granny said...

What a day. Are the dishes a guy thing? My son makes one large batch of cookies and dirties every dish in the house. I make them in one bowl and about 4 dishes counting the mixer and measuring cups.

I clean as I go too. I hate looking at them afterward.

Rowan Dawn said...

It must be!

;D

Oh great One said...

That stinks that you have so much to do. Just pace your self it'll be too overwhelming otherwise. I'm like you I do dishes as I go so that when our meal is over I don't have to spend so much time working while everyone else is relaxing.

Anonymous said...

I'd go with the wooden bed. It will last longer and just put winnie the pooh sheets on it

Anonymous said...

I get the same way sometimes when I let things build up, mostly paperwork and bills and filing.

And I hate dishes anyway.

Rowan Dawn said...

Oh great one-
I have the laundry going. I had to meet Chantz in town and do some errands so I haven't gotten to the evil sink yet.

Grace-
Pooh sheets, that is a good idea. The wooden one is a nice bed and would work out well if the new baby is a girl!

Crys-
Oh don't get me started on the bills! Those will make me cry even more, lol!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to thank you for your comment you left on my blog today. It brought a smile to my face, even if it was a small one. It makes me feel better knowing that there is one person out there routing for me! Thank you.

Candace said...

Wow, ya'll must be getting a great refund this year! Won't it feel good to get all the bills paid off? As to the housework ... eh.
Have a wonderful day!

Rowan Dawn said...

All the baby stuff at Kmart was on sale, except for what I needed. The toddler bedding was on sale though!

Vanessa
you're welcome. It just makes me sick how mean people can be. They take anonymity way to far.

Candace, yes it will
;D

Rowan Dawn said...

Susie-

My house is a disaster and has been for years. I was cinderella as a child and have an aversion to cleaning. I have a panic disorder and depression and I tend to get overwhelmed. I am also extremely lazy, what can I say? I am addicted to this machine and the boob tube!

I am not working, which means it is now my job to be the house cleaner. So I am trying my best to keep this place looking nice and it doesn't come natural to me. That is why I need to organize my days and play after I have done the house work. If I don't keep the house clean and organized, Chantz will leave.

It's that simple.

Anne said...

I too can't stand my house to be a mess but it ALWAYS IS. I wish I could resign myself of this fact but today, I had a freakazoid whirlwind attack of freaky proportions as I was showering as fast as I could, dressing and making more of a mess to get my son to his percussion lessons. I sat in the car waiting for him reading my daily devotional trying to get back on track and RELAX.

My bedroom right now is the worst in the house and am thankful it's upstairs where no one will see it if they drop by.

Like you, I too experienced the "Cinderella" thing growing up and I'm lazy. I'm a natural born and bred procrastinator. I’m tired of cleaning the same thing over and over.

Rowan Dawn said...

Amme-


Yes, the boringness of repetition! It gets me all the time. My bedroom gets messy all the time. I get so frustrated! I can't for the life of me keep it clean! I haven't done much today, like I planned becasue I fell asleep and took a nap. I well needed one at that! I could probably go back and conk out again, but my older son has a doctor's appointment at 3. We were just there at 11 for the baby!

I used to have panic attacks because I was afraid of having a panic attack! I would get so worked up into a tizzy! I have learned how to control them by avoiding negative self thoughts. I only went to therapy for that for a short time but I rarely have them anymore. Maybe just recognizing that I was having them was enough to get me to stop. Relaxing can be hard.

Rowan Dawn said...

Susie,

god, do I ever!