December 05, 2006

Dogs and Husbands

Bruce, Brandy and I have a stinking cold. Yippers! My skin is dry and itchy, and I have hives! Popped my last clariton this morning, need to make a list so I don't forget when I go to the store. I don't want to go to Walmart though, I am bored with it. Maybe I will go to Walgreen's or CVS.

The pups might have lice, which is not harmful to humans, according to the dog websites (like Purina). C doesn't believe me though, and asked where do people get lice from then? I said, "From other people!" Duh...

But I haven't seen anything that looks like lice, and I get in there and comb them a lot, getting the scaly, flaky skin off their little bodies. I bought a dog shampoo that looks and smells like people dandruff shampoo, and it stops the itch. It says to use as often as needed, and they don't smell quite so bad today as they did before. I let them play outside and romp around, but when it is too cold like this morning, they get free range of the garage. I put a comforter down, and tipped there bucket on its side (a large, blue plastic storage tub) with their other blankets still in there. Do they explore the garage? Nope. They crawl into the bucket and snuggle each other.

C got a razr phone for work, and if I figure out how to take pictures, I will put some up of the little cuties. I swear Kaia looks like a guinea pig! That is another thing, C is home and I am afraid to use their names or he might think I am getting attached. It is all about appearances. But I have had enough and decided that I am going to do things around here exactly as I would do them if her were gone. I start my day on the Internet, after the babies are taken care of. The dishes can wait; cleaning can wait. I need my "me time". I get it done, but it all gets done my way in my time. If it doesn't then I just didn't have time to get to it.

I haven't been getting much sleep- the little humans are sick and crabby and I still have to take care of the little puppies. They didn't get their bath until after midnight, but they did get one! Their skin is getting so much better. The dry stuff is coming off, and it isn't getting dryer, you know what I mean? Their was less dandruff in the bucket this morning than there has been since I brought them home. C was impressed at how potty trained they are- they spent the first 2 months outside, so it is natural for them to go outside. It is the first thing they do when I let them out! I told C they haven't gone potty in their bucket ever, and he asked if that is what I was trying to do with Rocksy when I bought her a crate. I said yes, but was a little shocked- he is only now getting it? These pups are pretty smart, esp the runt. She is the leader, her brother is the protector.

I am getting sleepy and will go now. Oh wait, one more thing. Fred Charles, the iTunes Store sucks, I didn't mean the player. Am I forgiven?

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Aww, I can't wait to see pictures of the 'lil buggers. Somewhere around here I have pictures of Christmas puppies that our Basset Hounds had four years ago. The sad part is that I had a baby plus an extended hospital stay (staph) in November and came home to PeeWee having 9 puppies!! Eeek! They were ready for new homes by Christmas and despite the many sleepless nights and no rest for "Mother Weary" it was a great time. We spayed PeeWee after that litter and ever since we gave her puppies away - she has kind of taken to Katie as being a Puppy too. Hers! Seriously, she corrals her back in the house and keeps a good eye on her for me. =O)

Hope you get better soon. Katie just finished up a bad cold and cough, Gon just fell sick with it - breathed all over me in bed this morning. I promptly got up and sprayed Lysol all over myself and gurgled with Listerine. Popping vitamins and drinking OJ hoping to God I'll be spared.

Check on me by the end of the week. I bet I'll be in bed for a week, sick as a dog.

Anonymous said...

Aww!! Too cute.

Oo did I mention I like the green??