December 08, 2006

What I would love to say to Chantz if I were an oratory goddess

If your god damned expectations of me weren't so high, you wouldn't be so damned disappointed (in me) when I fucking fail!

I am the first to admit my failings, and accept them. I won't pretend to be something I am not; I will not try to achieve the goals you try to set for me. I will live my life the way I know I am able to live it; the way I feel I can live it. Do not tell me what I should teach or do with our kids. If you think they need to learn something, then YOU NEED TO BE THE ONE TO TEACH THEM.

I can't raise these kids alone, and keep this house clean by myself, whether you are here or off in Montana. This means that as long or as hard as you work, you will always need to help out in this home. You will have to help take care of the kids, or clean the kitchen or take out the trash. You will have to pick up your dirty socks and shirts and put them in the laundry. And if I say do not under any circumstance wash any clothes, that means DO NOT DO IT! Do not go on about how quickly you could get it done, or look at the growing pile and try to force me to do it by threatening to do it yourself. The kids come first, and if I get time I will do the laundry. It would be easier to keep up with if I didn't have to clean up after you or if you would help out and not sit on your ass watching TV. Yeah, you can get the laundry done quickly, but you fuck it up, it ain't clean, and since you mix loads and fuck with my dials, you get the clothes all different colors. And we will not use BLEACH on anything in this house, because I am allergic to it, you dumb fuckhead. Don't ask me what do I do all day, or remind me that last time you were home you had to help clean, sorry big guy, but you are going to have to help me out every time you are home. I don't worry about it when you are gone because it doesn't bother me. I take care of the kids, and make sure the house isn't MESSY and do what I need to do, including spending time on the computer. I will take time for myself even if there is something else to do. When you are home I will run this house the same as I do when you gone. That is just how it is going to be. If I can't do it when you are off, I can't do it when you are here and not helping.

You need to listen to me. You need to grasp the concept of what I am trying to tell you.

I CAN'T DO THIS BY MYSELF!!!!!

To your mom:
I am going to keep saying I can't until you get it through your head that if I say I can't, that means that I can't!

5 comments:

Anne said...

For some reason most men think we do nothing all day but eat cake and play.

Anonymous said...

Honestly I took sometime to answer this one. I am on the working end and am very touchy about this subject. Then again you have 3 kids and that is a little more than my lazy hubby who has one kid who is often gone to school or what not. I swear this place should be spotless having him here 24/7.

It's a hard balance to keep with being parents and working. Have to keep factors and such in mind and for sure I am behind you one hundred percent that he should take care of himself around the house putting his stuff away and such, AT LEAST.

I on the other hand leave my stuff all over the place to make it look like he is doing something and I don't get too upset seeing him play all the time on games.

Candace said...

I tried to comment on this the other day but Blogger was screwed up.
You have four kids, one an infant, and one special needs, and C wants to know what you DO all day???
Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! JFC!

Oh great, I have to post as Scruffybutt, or else log back in on beta blogger and retype everything. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Dawn. The men should share. Not just come home and say "women put my food on the table"
"The fuck you say?" is what I say.
Sounds like you were having a great fucking time saying fucking.
You forgot to say fucktard and fuckface.
mom

Rowan Dawn said...

I did forget my favorite words! thank you Ma for reminding me!