December 07, 2006

Yard Work

Yesterday was spent at mother-in-laws, aka Alice's, putting up a fence for her pregnant mare. C and L rented an auger and chainsaw and dug holes, pounded posts, measured, strung wire, and cut down trees, vines, bushes, you name it. They have a 3 acre lot, and fenced off an L shape, leaving a nice chunk of yard.

Last time Alice mowed, she gathered branches into piles around her yard and we used the Dakota to drive around and pick them up. Actually, Tessa*, age 9, got to drive around the yard with her grandma and pick them up, while I rode in the back with Bruce. She did a great job for her first time driving and Alice is very patient. I took pictures on a "real" camera and C's Razr, but I didn't send them right away and now I can't find them. They are not in with the rest of his pics!

Yards out here are very sandy, and Tessa and Bruce played in the sand for hours. Bruce explored, ran around, drove the pickup with me and had a blast. I helped load up the sticks into the burn pile bonfire mound and goofed off. We loaded Brandy's car seat into the radio flyer and drug her around, gathering more sticks and branches while Bruce got a ride in an umbrella stroller. yeah, that did not go so well. When we go back over later on I think we will use the stroller with massive wheels. Their yard is pretty bumpy and full of ruts. Its a new development, remember?

The yard wasn't cleared even with the property line, and the back corner is FOREST. That is why L and C were cutting trees and vines and bushes and getting their asses kicked. Pulling that stuff out was even more work than the cutting! They didn't finish, and C is over there right now working his ass off while I blog. Muh ha ha!

I have housework I am in the middle of, but Brandy needed to be fed so I took a break, alright? And hopefully we won't be invited over for dinner again, unless it is on the BBQ. Stuffed peppers are not my favorite. Or C's, Bruce's, Tessa's or Austin's. I don't think Alice liked them either, but L had a major craving, lol! Cheeseburgers are always welcomed, lol.

We were over there very late, and made a ruckus in their house. The kids played with these fancy ceramic dominoes that can chip when thrown from the counter. If Bruce couldn't knock them down and get them to fly all over the kitchen like Austin and Tessa, he would throw them. He is such a middle child. He does everything he possibly can to get our attention. Alice had a Santa that would burst into song if the counter he was on was hit, so Bruce started banging on the draw and we were a little late in stopping him. Larry's deer antlers (on one set, Susie) that were propped on the mantle fell off and the crown broke. L was ticked. If they would break down and put holes in the damn walls it wouldn't have happened. That drives me nuts that they and C won't ever put anything on the goddamn walls, BTW. My house is so goddamn plain!

Anyway, we made a mess, cleaned it up, and made a lot of noise. Bruce ate half a bag of cooked shrimp and anything else he could shove into his maw. We had a good time.

TTYL!

*Tessa stayed home due to her RASH.

3 comments:

JBlue said...

I've got to have stuff on the walls. C is opposed to spackle, too, I gather?

Sounds like you're having a good time down there.

CozyMama said...

i like yard work in the fall when the air is crisp - makes you feel alive.

Rowan Dawn said...

Me too, bfkaj! We did have a great time! It was loads of fun. Spackle, huh?

jodes- I know what you mean!