December 07, 2006

Puppy update

I called Jan yesterday and explained about the animal transmitted scabies. The feed store people told her pretty much the same thing, and sold her some stuff to dip the dogs with. the stuff sounds nasty, but if it works it works, right? The vet stuff is insanely expensive plus they do skin scrapings and run tests and rack up your bill! I told her to call me when she is ready to treat them and that I would come over and help. My fil, who is very knowledgeable about animals, said she will have to treat the goats as well or it could come back.

When I dropped them off the other night, all five of those pups followed me to the van, which they have never done before. Kaia and Demi must have told them about the sign on my ass that reads, "SUCKER!" We fed them my super good puppy food, and they abandoned me. Ah well.

4 comments:

Ann said...

So sad! I hope they get better. But it's better for your family that way.

Rowan Dawn said...

Thanks Ann! I feel terrible, but I shouldn't let Tessa play over there until the puppies are better, and that means she can't play with her best friend! I hope they use the stuff soon!

Margaret said...

That stuff is kerosene based, but seems to be the only stuff that works on them. When we adopted BoBo he was in very bad shape, in many ways. Hehe, I just looked over at him and he gave me the sweetest confused look. As if to say, "Sure I feel better, I'm treated better, don't itch anymore but if your daughter rams me with that kiddie shopping cart one more time I'm taking a toe off!" Yeah, that kind of look. =O)

Rowan Dawn said...

margaret- i know that look!