July 17, 2013

Whole30 Day 13 and creamed chicken

I didn't work out today. Mehhh. I'll do it tomorrow. As long as it's 3 days a week, I'm ok with that. Also had a tantrum from hell. He doesn't listen unless I pitch a fit.
Skipped breakfast, cleaned, tantrum, cleaned, lunch of left over ground beef, zucchini and squash and half a fried avocado. It was ok. I didn't have egg so it pretty much sucked. And the coconut milk makes it good. Didn't use that either.
Freaky ass dreams last night. I woke up shortly after me and Brandy (?) Ran along rooftop ledges and jumped from roof to roof to escape a creepy bad guy. *shudders*
Rested, because I was wore out. Went to Aldi's for a few thing because the frig was empty. Dinner: creamed chicken and peas with a salad. Banana, Almonds and sunflower seeds for a snack. I'd kill a bitch for a Dr. Pepper and a bag of chips. And a plate of oatmeal cookies with a glass of milk.
Blah blah blah... At least I can poop again.

Creamed chicken with peas (how I should have done it)
3-4 boneless, skinless boobs
1 large sweet onion, cut up
1-2 yellow squash, cut up
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup coconut milk
1-2 T Oil
Salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, fresh thyme
Coconut flour
In a medium sauce pan, boil boobs in just enough water to cover with s,p,o,g powder. Put veggies in the food processor until minced real fine. This is what makes the gravy thick,so be sure to have at least 1 cup or more. I also only use one pan because my kitchen sucks balls. When the chicken is done, pour broth and chicken into a bowl. Pour 1 T coconut oil into pan, add veggies and stirfry. While that is cooking, shred the chicken. Add the broth and chicken back to the pan. Stir in coconut milk. I tried thickening with coconut flour by making a paste with broth. Idk that it worked, but it added to the flavor. I mixed in the paste, fresh thyme, moar salt and pepper, and a little evoo. I didn't have enough veggies, which is why this recipe calls for more. I simmered everything until tender and flavorful. Serve with cooked peas on top and side salad.

No comments: