July 10, 2013

Whole30 Day 6, workout day

Last night was rough. I got very little sleep and awoke with upset timly. Taco salad was too spicey. I ate two scrambled eggs and devoured the Aldi and.HEB flyers, made the meal plan for the week and the list. Organic grassfed beef was 4.89 or something. Holy shiz. I got 5 lbs. Back to my story. I was fixin' to work out and it's funny because at this point I am almost asleep standing up! I went back to bed.
Brandy woke up. "Mom. I'm hungry. Will you make me some eggs?" I said, "Mumble mumble go have some cereal mumble mumble there's boiled.eggs in the fridge." The spawn said okay and fed her and her friend. I didn't hear a peep for almost 2 hours.
It took me 30 minutes to move. I just laid there. Brandy gave me my water bottle. She suggested I splash it on my face. My response was something like "I'm not splashing water on my face!!!!" I rolled over. I checked my phone. People started messaging me (ahem, Candace) about some hawt guy on some new show that's a book series. With lots of steamy sex. Hmmm. Sounds good to me! I roll out of bed. It's 11.
I want to hate myself. I want to say mean, ugly things to myself so O don't have to workout. But I realllly want to. So I eat. I mean I shoveled two boiled eggs down my maw, put on a sports bra, marched my butt downstairs (it's like, three steps, but I like to call it "downstairs") and turned on the Wii. I danced. Nice, slow warm up. I danced again. A weird one that halfway through becomes a redneck line dance. I love it. I grab my notepad and pen (ahhh that's where my pen went off to!) And set out to do Nerd Fitness's Beginner Body Workout. The whole thing plus deadlifts and downward facing dogs. I made it through one set: 20 squats, 10 girly pushups, 20 lunges, 10 dumbell rows (I call them "arm things" and I used real 10 lb dumbbells!) Each arm, downward facing dog, 15 second plank, deadlift 50 lbs (5,7,10 times), 12 jumping jacks (supposed to be 30). I had to pee. Then I did it AGAIN and rested for 1 minute. And then, I did it a third time. And I was tired and wanted to be a baby but instead, I squated deeper, lunged farther, did the push ups faster, extra arm things, and 10 deadlits! I counted out loud, LOUDLY! I got into it! I gave that last set everything I had! And I was sweaty and out of breath and I danced. A slow cool down. I stretched!  Sat in front of the fan!!!
And then I ate. The acorn squash was NOT ready, but the ground beef and onion with an egg on top was divine. Then I took the kids to Conroe and dropped them off, bought some bright pink sneakers, got groceries at Aldi and HEB... Talked to some amazing people who built me up. Found out where I can go to get grassfed meat. Came home, put groceries away, and prepped the salads and veggies for the week or two. I made a huge mess but this will save me so much time! I got a ginormous organic spring mix blend on reduction for $2!
Two large salads, cumumber/olive/tomato salad, veggies chopped, fruit washed, cut up a whole chicken and made Crispy rosemary chicken with sweet potatoes and green beans. I'm tired now but really want to watch the damn movie I rented (oz). Can't believe it's 9 already! I feel better now that I brain vomited everything here, in my blog diary thing.
I also love how the photos tell a story. David drew that owl this morning because he is awesome.

No comments: